As many of you know too well, it is difficult to find a little "me time" with the balancing act of a schedule we keep. We give ourselves to our sweet babies, home, church, work, etc...and what is left over we try and give some time to ourselves. The problem is, by the time we get to the end of the list, we don't have anything left to give to "me time".
For 22 months now, I have pushed my self to the limit on maintaining a balance and it is starting to catch up. The past three weeks I have been sick, off and on, and can't seem to shake it. This weekend another wave of this cold, flu, whatever it is hit again. But this time I listened to my body and took the time off that I know I need. Thanks to my wonderful mom and husband, I have been able to get a lot of rest and take care of myself. This is the most rest I have had since E was born. Also, it helps that hubby has since started a regular work schedule, that does not cause him to be away in the evenings and night. We are so thankful for a normal work schedule after 5 years of shift work!
If we don't take care of ourselves, we can't take care of others as well as we need to.
Below is basically our schedule. There is an extremely helpful element to our schedule that I am so blessed to have. My mom takes care of our sweet baby, every day! E has also started a two day a week school, but mom is there for that too! If not for her, I would really be a giant ball of stress at this point. Thanks mom!
- 5:00 am - the alarm goes off and the race begins
- Soon after - leave for work
- About a 45 min to 1 hour commute later - sitting at my desk opening e-mail, starting the work day
- Home at last, play time with E
- 5:30 pm - Cook dinner
- More play time/ take a walk with E
- Bath time
- 8:30/9:30 pm E's Bed time
- Mommy and Daddy time - usually spent cleaning, watching a few TV shows
- Me time - checking personal e-mail, Blogging, reading my Bible, Work out DVD
- Get ready for the next day - pack our lunches, mainly E's lunch as I run out of energy at this point and decide I can just get our lunches together in the AM.
- Bed time
- E wakes up at least once a night for a visit, but soon goes back to sleep.
- 5:00 am - the alarm goes off and the race begins again.