Monday, April 6, 2009

Mommy Monday: Life after 30


Well, it is official! I just celebrated my 30th birthday this past weekend. The start of a new decade, the end of the 20's, and a look towards the future.
I have to admit, this birthday was particularly difficult, for some reason. Maybe it is the reflection back on where I have been, and what I have accomplished the last ten years, I don't know. But I have embraced this season with an attitude of gratitude, ambition, and innovation.

My birthday wish is to have a clear understanding of each moment. To see the beauty in all seasons of life, good, bad, indifferent. I love the way E's face lights up when she discovers something new. It can be the simplest of things, but she enjoys every minute of it.

In honor of the past decade, below is a poem I wrote way back (well maybe not so way back) at age 20. Enjoy!

"Let us run through the grassy field like children on a summer day, and find shelter beneath the arms of the old oak.
Forget about the world around us, the stress that comes with the day, the clamoring noise that shuts out our thoughts.
No thoughts of deadlines, or money, just us with the calming breeze and a return to our childlike minds.
Forget all but the age of innocence where the world was ours and dreams came true.
Such free spirits, no boundary in view just endless possibilities.
Astronauts, artists, and cowboys filled the stage of our back yard, in hopes that some day those dreams would come true.
Forget me not, the happiness and joy that came from the simplest things in life."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails