Tuesday, November 3, 2009

High Heels and Play Dough

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am posting throughout the month on what I am thankful for.

Today I am thankful for Play Dough stuck on the bottom of my high heel shoe.

As I sit here at my desk, and look down at the bright orange Play Dough stuck on the bottom of my shoe, I am reminded of my roll as mommy and teacher. Mommy to our sweet baby girl, and teacher to a group of almost three-year-olds at church. They are fantastic kids, all outfitted with their own very unique personalities. I am thankful for being able to step into the Play Dough and help guide them as they grow.

4 comments:

  1. and i, for one, and thankful that you chose to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post!! I think it's a great idea to post throughout the month of the things you're thankful for. I look forward to reading them =)

    I saw this really cute Thanksgiving Countdown for kids at Pottery Barn Kids. Each day has a a card in it that says, "I'm thankful for..." It's so neat! I thought about attempting to make one like it..for a lot less!!

    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/thanksgiving-countdown-calendar/?catalogId=74&bnrid=3580801&cm_ven=GoogleBase&cm_cat=Shopping&cm_pla=Home%20page&cm_ite=Datafeed

    ReplyDelete
  3. The countdown is a great idea! If you make one, I would love to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails